This week’s Makeover Monday showed the amount of pets being kept in the UK.
What Works Well
- The message is clear, easy to what’s going on at a glance.
- A bar chart is probably the easiest way to do direct comparisons
- The text in the bars is an efficient use of space.
What could improved
- Too many colours for my liking
- The title could be better, one might think this has something to do with pet food, but that’s just the name of the source.
What I did
I didn’t have a lot of time to spend on this week’s makeover, so I set aside an hour during my lunch break to see what I could come up with.
I remember seeing a video a few years ago about what if the world’s population was represented by 100 people (how many would men, women, children, asian, etc) and I decided to try something similar.